Soooo….I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Sarah over at Earful of Cider, which is both interesting and very nice.
Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award.
1. nominate 5 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. add the Versatile Blogger Award logo.
3. thank the blogger who nominated you with a link to their blog.
4. share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
It is interesting, because I don’t consider my blogging to be that versatile at the moment. On the one hand, I’m new at this and haven’t accumulated a great following of readers. Further, I typically only post poems, though I have also published a few other notes off to the side there, that I don’t think many people have read…at least they’ve never gotten stats or likes or comments. In addition, Sarah fully admitted she was down to the last people on her list…(wink).
However, in the spirit of giving, and because it was nice gesture in early 2012 to be recognized by a fellow blogger…I accept this award. Now comes the difficult part for me. I have to nominate 5 other bloggers who I deem worthy of the award. (Note: See my comment above, I probably only have visited 5 other blogs, several of which already have this award).
Chances are, I’m gonna have to go out and read somebody’s blog just to get the nominations done…kind of the blogosphere’s version of Ding Dong Ditch. This might take me a while…
Secondly, I have to share 7 factoids about myself. This should be reeaaaally interesting*.
1. As a young toddler, I bit the head off a pet turtle. One of those small turtles, that you keep in little terrariums. My mother swears I did this, I don’t recall it. I lived over it…the turtle…well…no.
2. I once sat behind Chick Corea and Pat Metheny on an airplane flight to Wisconsin. My wife and I were going to friend’s wedding. They had just played at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival the night before. In retrospect, I’m surprised they were flying coach. If you’ve never heard of them…never mind.
3. Though I’ve been to Europe a few times, I’ve never been to the US West Coast.
4. I don’t like hospitals. I’ve been in them more times than I care to count.
5. One of my personal goals is to visit all the major league baseball parks for a game. So far, I’ve been to Great American (Cincinnati- too easy not to), PNC Park (Pittsburgh), Wrigley Field (Chicago), and Miller Park (Milwaukee). Eventually, I’ll have to see the West Coast (#3). We are managing about one trip per summer and I’m running out of close options…it’s going to get more difficult in a few years.
6. I like movies. Field of Dreams is probably my favorite movie. Blazing Saddles is the funniest movie ever made…and I don’t think it would ever be made in this day and age. I prefer the Lord of the Rings to Star Wars. They shouldn’t have made the newest Indiana Jones movie.
7. I have a soft spot for nostalgia. Anything about old memories, old stories, Old TV shows photos, music, books, furniture, technology, etc., I’m hooked. I used to refinish/refurbish old furniture pieces for our home, but ultimately ran out of room. I collect old poetry books. I look forward to visiting flea markets.
Now, I have to go nominate 5 people—4 of whom will probably have never known of me before now—when I visit their blog for the first time—leaving a note about the Versatile Blogger Award in the dark of night or early morning light…then stealthily sneak away. Once I get that done, I’ll update the post.
Who was that masked man?
*As a side note, I’m a shy person by nature, so sharing information is much easier behind the veil of “secrecy”…pay no attention to the man behind the curtain…I am the GREAT and POWERFUL OZ!
And I would like to nominate the following wonderful people:
1. Kim at Lovely Shades of Nostalgia – she always has an interesting take on the past, whether it be music or family, toys, diners. A fun blog to follow!
2. Sherry at Too Much August, Not Enough Snow– A wonderful poet, writer, photographer and story-teller. You feel like you are with her in the mountains of Montana.
3. Gabrielle at Gabrielle Bryden’s Blog: Another wonderful poet, photographer, and writer from Down-Under.